Global Logistics – International Air Carrier Layoffs.
News from JOC
Intermodal Shipping: Building a Better Intermodal Ride1
Maersk Line and BNSF offer day-definite intermodal delivery from Los Angeles to five inland destinations
Maersk Vows to Defend Market Share Gains4
Maersk Line will not allow its renewed focus on profitability rather than cargo volume to eat into the significant gains in market share it achieved in 2011, the carrier said on Monday.
Cosco, China Shipping Consider More Vessel Sharing Pacts5
Cosco Container Lines and China Shipping Container Lines are looking to expand their vessel sharing agreements on China coastal and intra-Asia trade lanes to other routes, said Capt. Wei Jiafu, chairman of the Cosco Group.
Truck Volume Forecast to Grow 3.9 Percent in 20126
The trucking industry will outperform the U.S. economy this year, with truck freight growing 3.9 percent, greater than overall GDP, according to FTR Associates.
Asia-Pacific Airlines’ Freight Traffic7
Asia-Pacific based airline traffic in calendar 2011 declined 4.8 percent year-over-year as freight capacity inched ahead 0.1 percent. In contrast, January 2012 traffic plunged 13.7 percent and capacity declined 5.3 percent. The calendar 2011 cargo load factor was 66.6 percent, off 3.4 percentage points year-over-year, while January’s cargo load factor was 65.3 percent, off 5.7 percentage points year-over-year.
Chinese Manufacturing Expands on Export Order Rise9
Chinese manufacturing in February expanded at the fastest pace in five months, as export orders surged after a production lull caused by Lunar New Year celebrations.
Indonesia Poised for Major Logistics Growth 10
Indonesia will see rapid growth in logistics demand this year but needs huge investment in transport infrastructure to realize its true potential, according to one leading analyst.
Saudi Airlines Cargo to Fly to Saigon11
Saudi Airlines Cargo will launch a twice-weekly B747 freighter service to Saigon, Vietnam, on March 25, linking the Southeast Asian country to the Middle East and Frankfurt, Germany.
- ^ Intermodal Shipping: Building a Better Intermodal Ride (cl.s4.exct.net)
- ^ Logistics: Helping Shippers See More Clearly (cl.s4.exct.net)
- ^ Trucking: The Road to the Ocean (cl.s4.exct.net)
- ^ Maersk Vows to Defend Market Share Gains (cl.s4.exct.net)
- ^ Cosco, China Shipping Consider More Vessel Sharing Pacts (cl.s4.exct.net)
- ^ Truck Volume Forecast to Grow 3.9 Percent in 2012 (cl.s4.exct.net)
- ^ Asia-Pacific Airlines’ Freight Traffic (cl.s4.exct.net)
- ^ UASC Seeks Second GRI on Asia-Europe Trade (cl.s4.exct.net)
- ^ Chinese Manufacturing Expands on Export Order Rise (cl.s4.exct.net)
- ^ Indonesia Poised for Major Logistics Growth (cl.s4.exct.net)
- ^ Saudi Airlines Cargo to Fly to Saigon (cl.s4.exct.net)