NIPPON EXPRESS to promote sea & rail transport services from Asia to Central, East Europe as „ADRIA DIRECT”
AsiaNet 66455 TOKYO, Nov.
10, 2016 (Antara/Kyodo JBN-AsiaNet) — – Reducing Transit Days, Costs through Route via Koper Port, Slovenia –
NIPPON EXPRESS CO., LTD. will step up its sales of through container forwarding services from Asia, including India, to Central and Eastern Europe via Koper, Slovenia, from November 1, as ,,ADRIA DIRECT.” The route from Asia to Budapest, Hungary, via Koper has less distances of sea and land transportation, by approximately 3,700 kilometers and 550 kilometers, respectively, from the route via Hamburg, Germany. (Image: http://prw.kyodonews.jp/prwfile/release/M103866/201611096103/_prw_OI1fl_5nT33lzT.jpg)
Advantages of the services:
– The route from Singapore to Central and Eastern Europe has less transit days required for freight transportation — by up to about four days — and charges for a 40F container by up to about 10% from the Hamburg route, in the company’s comparison.
– NIPPON EXPRESS has been in cooperation with Koper Port since 2014. NIPPON EXPRESS launched ,,Danube Express,” consolidation services from Japan to Budapest, Hungary, via Koper, in 2015. NIPPON EXPRESS thus became the first Japanese company to launch such forwarding services, and has since steadily gained experiences in this field.
– Based on its experiences in this field, NIPPON EXPRESS is determined to expand its forwarding services from Asia, including India, via Koper Port.
– NIPPON EXPRESS will provide high-quality combined transportation services by having its group companies handle cargo from the origin to the final destination.
Background of the services:
– The route from Koper Port to Central and East European countries has been well known with Japanese subsidiary companies operating in Hungary in recent years because the route has reduced the distance of inland transportation.
– Based on experiences it has gained so far, NIPPON EXPRESS will step up its sales promotion for transportation services from Asia to Central and Eastern Europe via Koper as ,,ADRIA DIRECT.” This service may be the first among Japanese transportation companies, according to NIPPON EXPRESS. For inquiries:
Yasuo EDO, Hitoshi ISHIBASHI
Global Forwarding Planning & Development Division
NIPPON EXPRESS CO., LTD.
Email: [email protected]
 Source: NIPPON EXPRESS CO., LTD.
- ^ http://prw.kyodonews.jp/prwfile/release/M103866/201611096103/_prw_OI1fl_5nT33lzT.jpg (prw.kyodonews.jp)
- ^ [email protected] (satprnews.com)
- ^ http://satPRnews.com (satprnews.com)