Eimskip buys majority stake in freight forwarding firm Ship-Log …
Transportation firm Eimskip has acquired a 75% stake in Denmark-based freight forwarding firm Ship-Log for an undisclosed sum. The remaining 25% interest in Ship-Log will be owned by the current management team. Based in Aarhus, Ship-Log provides logistics solutions, including sea freight, air freight, road transportation and courier services.
Ship-Log offers a range of logistics services focusing on supply chain management, freight, inventory management and manufacturing consolidation. Targeting import and export customers, Ship-Log has a strong command within the temperature controlled cargo in the food and pharmaceutical sector. The acquisition will allow Eimskip to expand its global logistics services for the customers, helping to expand its food and pharmaceutical logistics services.
Eimskip president and CEO Gylfi Sigf?sson said: “We are pleased to have Ship-Log as a part of the Eimskip group and the company will further strengthen our logistics services with a wider scope of Eimskip’s services in terms of new commodities. “The valuable experience of Ship-Log’s management and employees will help us to further strengthen our operation in Denmark and the worldwide forwarding operation.” Ship-Log Group CEO Simon Steenholt said: “As founders of Ship-Log, we are very excited to become a part of the Eimskip group as we believe that we can bring knowledge and expertise to the group.”
Eimskip, which is specialized in worldwide freight forwarding services, operates a network of 61 offices in 20 countries.
With around 1,720 employees, the company has 21 vessels.
Image: Eimskip has purchased 75% interest in freight forwarding firm Ship-Log.
Photo: courtesy of adamr / FreeDigitalPhotos.net.